Five world famous things Westerners do not know Ethiopia is connected to or is the origin of:
- The word 'coffee' as well as the drink itself comes from Abyssinian (Ethiopian) region of Kaffa.
- Ethiopian are mostly Orthodox christians. Their country was the second in the world to adopt christianity as the state religion (after Armenia) even before the Roman Empire.
- Ethiopian believe the Arc of Covenant resides in their country. It was brought there by the Queen of Sheba from Jerusalem - as a gift from biblical king Solomon.
- Ethiopia is the only African country having been never colonialised. Even though Italians occupied it for a couple of years in the 30/40s it has never been conquered.
- Rastafarian worshippers whom Bob Marley was the most famous representative built their name and religion around Ethiopia. In fact the name Rastafarian comes from Ras Tafari which was the true name of Haile Selassie, the last emperor of Ethiopia.